Monday, September 5, 2011

Wyatt's First Day of Kindergarten

Wyatt has been looking forward to his first day of school all summer long.  On his first day of Kindergarten, I expected him to be up and at 'em at the crack of dawn.  Any other day he would be up at 6:00.  This morning, Chris & I had to go in and wake him up.  Go figure.  

Yes, I am THAT mom that sticks the camera & flash in my kids face first thing in the morning.  'cause I want to remember every last moment.


He was not in a good mood as he woke up.  I don't think I'd be if I had a camera in my face either. 

Thankfully, he was so excited about school that he couldn't help but give me a real smile as we prepared to leave for school.

Gosh, I can't believe my baby boy is big enough to go to school. 

Okay momma.  In just a minute, you are going to have to turn around and walk out of this door without bawling like a baby.

Here's Wyatt with his teacher, Mrs. Courtney.  She is a wonderful teacher, a perfect fit for Wyatt's personality & learning style.  Still, it was about at this point I couldn't hold it together any more.  I kissed him bye & left the room.  I wasn't prepared for the tears that would flow so freely.


It really helped that he came home with this face, so excited about his day at school.

I love hearing about his adventures at school each day.  Mrs. Courtney is making learning fun for the kids and Wyatt is soaking up so much... I am one proud Momma...even if I miss my boy while he's at school.



No comments:

Post a Comment