Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mid-year review! More posts to come!


I've been going thru pictures from last year and earlier this year.  This day was a few weeks shy of Wyatt's 5th birthday.  I can't ever get pictures of him without silly faces or crossed eyes... so you can imagine my excitement when I walked by & spotted him sitting quietly at the kitchen table.  I entered the kitchen and stood there for a moment just soaking him in.  I said something to him and he didn't respond.  It dawned on me that I should go get my camera and document his intensity of concentration!  I moved closer & closer and he never even knew I was there.  I love this little boy with all of my heart.... from that sweet profile & jet black hair... to his lush eyelashes (yes, I'm jealous)...to the dimples in his little hands... all the way to his feet that no longer fit in the palm of my hand. 

My suggestion to moms everywhere today... Take a moment to study your child when they don't realize you are watching.  It's amazing!  This is God's creation... sitting at my kitchen table.  How Blessed I am to be his mom! 

Psalm 139:13-14 NIV
13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.



 

1 comment: