Tuesday, July 19, 2011

All about Emma


My baby girl is a firecracker~ always keeping me on my toes.  She has her daddy's beautiful blue eyes that are windows to her soul.  I wish you could catch the glimmer in them when she flashes her infectious smile.  She loves all things chocolate and will empty a bowl of oatmeal as long as I put a few minature chocolate chips in it.  Her giggle is divine & her belly laugh reminds me of her great-grandmother.  She gives the best hugs & fish face kisses.  And this girl loves her brother.  She takes every step he takes and wants to know where he is most every moment of the day.  Everytime she is away from him, she asks about Bubba.  At the drs. office, she will ask the receptionist for "Bubba tickers too?" 

Wyatt turned into a picky eater around the age Emma is now, so I've tried to always offer her a little bit of everything to keep her from shying away from new foods. 

 If you know Emma, she knows what she likes & she won't have much else.  I had offered her corn on several different occassions prior to this night.  I guess the difference was we left it on the cob that night and it looked MUCH MORE FUN to eat it that way.  I could see her eyes light up... she must have been thinking "What's Mommy & Daddy doing eating with their hands?!?  I've got to get in on this!"  

She pointed to my corn & asked for it.  I thought she'd give it one look & dismiss it.  Boy was I wrong!  She loved it & devoured every last kernel.  The lesson I'm taking from this is the next time I try to give her a "new" food is to make it look fun!  Sell it!  I may try to experiment tomorrow with heart shaped PBJ sandwiches.  She love PB, but is not so fond of bread.  Whichever way it goes, it should make for some interesting pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment